Accessibility statement valvirafi
You can find accessibility statement for Valvira’s website on this page below.
Accessibility on the valvira.fi website
This accessibility statement tells you how the valvira.fi e-service complies with the Act on the Provision of Digital Services (306/2019), what the shortcomings of the site are and how you can give us feedback about accessibility issues.
This accessibility statement was prepared on 23 September 2020 and reviewed on 12 October 2022.
Valvira has assessed the website’s accessibility in cooperation with the website’s technical provider.
Valvira’s website largely meets the level A and AA criteria of Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.1.
Valvira’s website was published in its present form in May 2015. We are constantly working to improve the accessibility of our e-services.
We aim to also address accessibility requirements in publications in Valvira’s social media channels. Part of this content is embedded on our website.
All Valvira’s service forms are available in accessible format at request.
The content mentioned below has not yet been made accessible due to the unreasonable burden this causes.
- The service content may contain some images for which no text alternative has been specified (WCAG 1.1.1).
- The service contains content that has not been formatted using semantic elements to determine structure or markup (WCAG 1.3.1).
- There may be minor shortcomings in heading levels, for example some heading levels have been skipped over (WCAG 1.3.1).
- Some downloadable documents contain diagrams which have no descriptive text alternative (WCAG 1.1.1).
- Some downloadable documents can have layout issues, such as headings with no heading levels, that hamper screen reader use (WCAG 1.3.1).
- Some downloadable documents can have contrast problems (WCAG 1.4.3).
We are constantly working to improve accessibility. We will correct the aforementioned shortcomings in web content during 2022 and 2023. We will update this accessibility statement whenever we have corrected identified shortcomings. Accessibility is also developed using the Siteimprove analytics tool.
The applicable legislation does not cover some content
The following content and/or functions are not available because the Act on the Provision of Digital Services 306/2019 does not apply to the content concerned.
- Web content published before 23 September 2019, which can be considered as being archived. No changes will be made to archived web content and nor will it be updated. Examples of such content in the Valvira.fi service include news and blogs published before 23 September 2019.
Feedback and contact information
You have the right, on reasonable grounds, to obtain any information you need in accessible format to clarify or fulfil your interests, rights or obligations. If you are unable to obtain such information in accessible format from our e-service, you can submit a request to kirjaamo(at)valvira.fi. We will respond to your request as soon as possible and within two weeks of your request at the latest.
Valvira’s communication unit is responsible for processing feedback on website accessibility. If you notice any accessibility issues on our website, please let us know.
If you need an accessible service form, submit your request to kirjaamo(at)valvira.fi.
Oversight of accessibility
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland oversees the implementation of accessibility requirements in Finland. If you are not satisfied with the response you receive from us, you can submit a notification to the Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland. The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland website explains in detail how to submit a notification and how the matter is processed.
The Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland’s contact information:
Regional State Administrative Agency for Southern Finland
Accessibility oversight unit
Telephone (switchboard) +358 29 5016 000
Read more about accessibility requirements at Saavutettavuusvaatimukset (saavutettavuusvaatimukset.fi) (in Finnish and Swedish only).